Thursday, August 7, 2008

Busy,Busy,Busy

I've been making new pieces to put up on Etsy. Got a few up yesterday and need to get more pictures of some others. These are my favorites. I've fused sterling onto copper for this look. Sort of a moon over the ocean.


The most difficult thing for me is getting good pictures. I think these turned out o.k. but it took a long time. And thank goodness for digital camera's. I'd be going through an awful lot of film otherwise.

These were fun to work on because I got to use several techniques. The silver was heat treated then I polished all the high spot's to show all the texture. I've said it before and I'll say it again~~~~love my torch!

Well, that's it for now. I have more work to get going on and more pictures to take.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Carolyn, I luv the bottom ones~Great job. And, yes, I LOVE my torch too~ So glad I took a class to help me get acquainted with using one. Actually, it was with Susan Lenart~and hers is the heavey duty "BIG DOG" kind. Mine is the little PMC kind......Her class was ALOT of fun! I learned alot.

beautifullybrokenme said...

Carolyn, your earrings are gorgeous! I particularly love the "moon over the ocean" pair - they are spectacular! Keep it up!

:-) Molly

P.S. I love my torch too!

Anonymous said...

These earrings are great...I really love the ocean ones!

Deborah Truesdell said...

Carolyn,

I haven't stopped by to visit for a while, and I was happy when I did to see these cool earrings! I, too, like the moon over the ocean pair, very nice! I, also, have kitties - two of my own and two strays that I feed It made my heart happy to see your kitty posted in the previous post, he looks like a real sweetie pie!