Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What a week-end!

I took all day yesterday to recover from a most wonderful week-end. Now I’m refreshed and back to myself.

The craft show, Trims and Whims, went so well! I don’t have much jewelry left. This is a good thing. I’ll be busy making new things now.

The weather was in the 70’s and I got to set up outside for both days.  I love fall weather but this was more like spring. Anyway, Saturday was the big “Light up Shelbyville” event. They close off Main Street and have entertainment, food venders and craft venders all leading up to the Christmas tree lighting. It’s all so festive and lovely. So, after a full day at Trims and Whims I packed up my wares and did a trunk show at The Keepsake Shop in town.  Then took everything  back to Trims and Whims on Sunday for another great sale day. By Sunday night you’d better believe I was totally wiped out but smiling. Here’s part of my booth.

100_0170There is also some photography that my son did that I was selling for him. I’m so proud of him. He doesn’t have any formal training and yet takes the most amazing pictures.

Most of the pieces in this photo have sold. I’m thrilled that people respond to and like my jewelry.  Here are new earrings that I’ve made. They’re fused Argentium leaves and Swarovski Crystal pearls. Very delicate and easy to wear. The necklace is copper with a Ruby Quartz drop.

100_0183

100_0178

That’s about it for now. I’ll post more pictures soon as I get them.

4 comments:

SCJ Jewelry Design said...

So nice to hear people are actually buying! COngrats on a sucessful weekend. Your son's photos are beautiful!

beautifullybrokenme said...

Just beautiful! Your son's photos are amazing as well!

:-) Molly

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn, thanks for your comments, sounds like you had a great weekend, good on you, your pieces are lovely and your son is very talented too. Phillipa.

Deborah Truesdell said...

Hello Ms. Carolyn,

I was so happy to hear about your show successes over the weekend! What a great feeling for you! Now you will have to get super busy to get your inventory built back up for the upcoming holiday season as I am sure you are getting a selective customer base for your wonderful pieces. I am always happy to see your kind words and smiles on my blog comments!

Back attcha with big hugs!
Deborah