Monday, December 1, 2008

Good News

Well, the Christmas spirit is upon me. I'll be in the studio all the rest of the day today. Fortunately, the weather is grey, rainy and chilly. Good studio time,not very tempted to go out and about.

I also want to announce that I've been lucky enough to get my jewelry into Damselfly Studio and Gallery http://www.damselflybeads.com/1601.html in charming Midway,Kentucky.


Midway is the cutest little town. There's a train running right through the middle of it and it has shops and restaurants so you can spend a day there browsing (And hopefully, buying.) I feel as though I'm walking around in another century when I go there.


Here are a few of the pieces I've placed there.










I made this one with Argentinium silver with Garnet beads.




Here's one with silver fused to copper for the pendant. I made copper beads and those are Unikite beads at the ends of the copper beads. The chain is sterling silver...........

Remember this one from Deryn Mentock's http://somethingsublime.typepad.com/ summer challenge? I've finally decided that I can part with it. I can always make another, right? Although it won't look exactly the same.

And finally, a close-up of one the the fused silver to copper earrings. So, if you're anywhere near Midway, Kentucky do stop in at Damselfly.

More later, gotta get to work!!

2 comments:

Deborah Truesdell said...

Caroline,

It's so good to see your new work! My favorite is the last photo of the earrings, they are just beautiful!!! Congratulations on the placement of your jewelry - they are lucky to have it! The little town sounds charming and if I am ever in your neck of the woods, I will take the train there with you and go look at your jewelry!! It is good to be sharing holiday joy with you!!

Hugs,
Deborah

Jessica Moreau Berry said...

I'm glad you've got the Christmas spirit! It shows in your fabulous art!! Congrats on the new gallery, I'll cross my fingers that you make lots of holiday sales!!

xox

~Jes